i.d. is a feature film exploring moments in the lives of four very different people in unrelated situations who never meet but are mysteriously connected.
CASTING CALL – CASTING IN MONTREAL
Project title: “i.d.” (working title)
Experimental-dramatic feature to shoot in Montreal.
Shooting in 2019-2020.
The film is centered on four stories involving immigration/migration. The characters will speak several languages. I am looking to cast the principal roles now but will also look at actors for other secondary speaking roles.
This is an indie micro-budget film with non-union/honorarium pay. Interested actors please send a video reel link by private message at my Facebook page.
Looking for actors with authentic personal immigration experience for these leading roles:
- Ahmed (47) is a playwright and theatre director who gained fame in Syria as a radical voice during the Arab Spring protests. He is now a refugee teaching at a Montreal university. He speaks Arabic, English and is learning French.
- Klara (23) is a foreign student studying quantum physics. She is Ahmed’s biological daughter but they have never met. She was born in Poland when her mother left Syria to marry. She has grown up in Poland and speaks Polish and English.
Secondary speaking roles:
- Several small roles for university performing arts students.
- Several small roles for bereaved women and men 50 to 70.
- An Extinction Rebellion activist and university professor (female 40s).
- A hippyish quantum physics professor (male 60s).
- A man who speaks Polish (60s).